Our Mission and Goals
Our mission is to celebrate, protect and restore the natural richness of all our bayous and streams.
Our vision is a network of healthy bayous, streams and watersheds.
Education and Outreach
Increase understanding of area bayous and creeks and their watersheds.
- Provide educational programs and opportunities, activities, and events to engage all the region’s demographics.
- Prepare and maintain an effective and appropriately coordinated communications plan.
Increase stewardship and stewardship opportunities to improve the health of our watersheds, creeks, and bayous.
- Provide leadership, encouragement and assistance in improving riparian habitats and watershed ecosystems.
- Develop and coordinate internal programs and participate in collaborative programs to improve water quality.
- Provide access to area waterways.
Be a leader on bayou and watershed issues.
- Interface and engage with public entities.
- Participate in collaborative regional policy initiatives.
- Develop initiatives, projects and advocacy to improve ecosystems, water quality, and flood management.
- Be engaged and influential in bayou-related community affairs.
- Demonstrate the importance and need for vibrant watershed and riparian ecosystems.
Organizational Development / Governance
Organize for success.
- Institute a full program of board development.
- Establish a program to increase membership and representation of the region’s demographics.
- Create and maintain a program of staff development and performance review.
- Develop and maintain a strong sustainable financial base.
- Conduct structured periodic review of strategic planning and budgeting.
- Science-based policies and actions
- Professional communications