top of page
< Back

Report An Issue

Since 1966, Bayou Preservation Association has been striving to protect and restore the richness and diversity of our waterways, and we encourage all the concerned citizens to join us in the stewardship of our watersheds.

Where do I report damage to the bayous or its banks, illegal dumping or other polluting activities, logjams or other impediments to flow or accumulations of trash?

There are two ways to report such incidents electronically:

  • Contact the Service Request Center by filling out the Service Request Center Form on the Harris County Flood Control District (HCFCD) website (give as many details as you can)

  • Contact City of Houston's 3-1-1 at 311@HoustonTX.govFor more information visit:

…or you can phone:

  • HCFDC Service Center Hotline at 713-684-4197

  • City of Houston's 3-1-1 number

  • Harris County Environmental Crimes at 281-463-4619

  • Your local municipality

How do I determine if a drainage channel or stormwater detention basin belongs to Harris County Flood Control District?

Where do I find the contact information for Floodplain Administrators of local or surrounding municipalities?

Harris County Flood Control has a list of all the Floodplain Administrators posted on their website.

Who do I call if I have a question about Barker or Addicks Reservoirs?

Contact the US Army Corps of Engineers at 281-497-0740

Your comments and suggestions are welcome and encouraged at the Bayou Preservation Association. Feel free to contact us with your suggestions at 713.529.6443 or at

bottom of page